Thread: Tm38ex
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2024, 02:52 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctbale View Post
Coming from a x 1970s motocrosser, I am not 100% sold on the china EFI. I have slapped plenty of china carbs on my recent Honda restores of CT70s and CT90s and with some fiddling I can get them to run perfectly. Although I do understand the elevation/temp argument for EFI (I am an aircraft mechanic) The liquid cooling, counterbalance, 300cc on this bike is very attractive. But my old bones prefers the old school carbs. $4000 for this vs $7000 for a KLX300. Dunno. Might do the KLX. But right now I am waiting for the Templar X to come back in stock. I bet those go up in price significanty on this next batch though.
Maybe the price will go up on the Temp X. But PSM keeps keep defying the odds holding the price, and having sales for every minor excuse for a holiday.

That carbed Trailmaster TM38 does look nice though. Installing lights and a horn/mirrors is not so bad. The EFI version "TM38E" is actually 100 buck less right now at motobuys. And, they now sell it with lights in the EFI package "TM38EX" for the same price as the carbed bike, no lights That is nearly enough incentive for me to take a chance on Chinese EFI.

Last edited by Thumper; 02-19-2024 at 03:40 PM.