View Single Post
Old 03-03-2024, 11:44 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by J4Fun View Post
Hi Bill, where there’s a will there’s a way and you seem too have things figured out for your bike! Great deal!
I did have a chance to put the bike to a little test today, and I am pretty sure the rear tire has very slightly geared me down. I don't feel the difference, but I think the tach runs just a little closer to 8,000 rpm, approaching 70. I don't normally try to run much faster than 55, or 60, so it's not enough to matter. I ran with my phone on GPS Speed O, and the app acted a little sluggish today. When my knobbies were newer, The speed O was basically dead on with GPS, but the last time I used it, it was about 1 mile faster at about 50, and above, and still dead on below. I know my speedO is true, so I normally don't use the GPS app, so it had been a while since I used it. With the new 90/90x21 front, the speed O still reads about perfect, at around 45, or 50, or under, and still reads a mile fast at around 55, and then up about 60, it sometimes reads about 2 mph off, and sometimes 1 off, so I call it off about 1.5 mph at 60 mph, which is plenty accurate enough for me. I did get into some fine gravel today, and really didn't even think about my tires, it just seemed the same. Them 605s are really round on the treads, almost like a street bike tire, but with blocky tread. It definitely leans into a curve more naturally. I caught myself watching my shadow in the curves, and was kinda enjoying it. LOL. These tires will be alright, and probably more sensible than a more aggressive tire , would be for me, but I definitely liked the looks of the knobby tires better.