Thread: Templar X 250
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2024, 10:07 PM   #1649

Quote:
Originally Posted by vividpixel View Post
I've been using a "hot start" lever, though the little lever piece is too long and not tall enough to avoid scraping the headlight switch, so it has to be farther from the grip than I'd like. If you put them close enough, I noticed the friction can keep the choke lever engaged and you can keep your thumb off during the engine warm-up. Maybe someone's into that.

Prior to the hot start, it's probably not a setup anyone would care to replicate. Involves a fragile, adjustable, universal clutch lever, washers in plastic and metal, some SAE socket, an extra one of those cable adjuster nuts, and some self-adhesive tape (like for tennis racket handles) to wrap it together with the clutch cable and keep my creation hidden from the world.

Describing it, well...now it seems a little silly.
Actually, the carb mounted push/pull plunger works! There's a lot more room up in there than I expected. I had to turn my carb a bit more to make it work. I got the smallest plunger that I can find, but that does make it hard to pull since there ain't much to grip onto! I will order and try a plunger with larger head to see if it will fit, but current setup is usable.
Attached Images