Thread: Templar X 250
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2024, 05:36 PM   #1665

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okierider View Post
So any word on replacement wheel bearings for the Templars?

Minus the one that was destroyed in the process, once removed from the bike all are flawless working bearings. They were just crammed in so tight the pinched each other.
All 4 are “61905RS 010 C&U 01A03” so replacing them should be easy.
Only question is why 2 per side?
Bearing part 61905RS has typical nomenclature for a sealed bearing.
THANK YOU for that !!

Replacements I find all seem to be 9mm width, 25mm inner diameter, 42mm outer diameter. Is this what you measure on them?

Regarding the double bearing question... Was there a center sleeve (bushing) between them? Here is a typical layout:

Name:  WheelBearingDiagram.jpg
Views: 42
Size:  113.2 KB

The center sleeve width/fit is CRITICAL for bearing life. If the bearing is torqued with inner race pushed laterally and outer race not moving, this causes bearing failure, quick!! This is the reason I never apply the high torque I hear people talking about for the axel bolt/nut on my China made bikes. And, I've never had my axel nut loosen- Lock ring is there for friction, no need to. If all of the specs are perfect, you may be able to tighten more, but I don't think we get such great fitment!

Here is an Allballs rear wheel bearing kit for my KTM 250SX. It comes with a replacement inner bushing.

Name:  KTM_SX250-AllBalls-RearWheel.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  89.2 KB

Was there a bushing/inner sleeve in the Templar rear wheel?

If not, then when you tighten the axel nut, the inner races are torqued inwards with no support, causing lateral force on the bearing-probable fail!

Last edited by Thumper; 03-18-2024 at 08:20 PM.