Thread: Templar X 250
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2024, 01:41 AM   #1670

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okierider View Post
Ha!
I have 4 replacements coming from grainger-can’t beat their shipping. I’ll get some proper Japanese bearings like Toyo coming on the slow boat that is Amazon soon.

I’m going to check the length of that center spacer and see if it isn’t a smidge too long-theoretically as the bearings sit on a ledge milled for them it shouldn’t matter how much torque you put on the axel nut-if the center spacer is the correct length it won’t impinge the bearings. I have a hunch it’s a few thousandths too long.
I believe a too long spacer would only prevent OD of the bearing from fully seating in the hub. Not good as the hub could fret laterally on the bearings. A too short spacer would cause deformation of the hub and bearing impingement when the axle nut is tightened. Right?
-2024 CSC TT250, stage 3 motocult kit, Nibbi PE28FL with custom-made cable controlled choke, modified stock muffler (larger diameter tailpipe), custom oil cooler installation with relocated stock evaporative emissions canister, oversized stainless steel footpegs, IMS folding tip shifter, a few little blingy bolts and bits. More personal preference mods to come.