View Single Post
Old 04-03-2024, 11:50 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadan View Post
Weaker in what sense? My spaghetti forks hold me up just fine, run down the road just fine, and have handled some decent off road without issue. The standard thin forks are a pair of YSS valves away from being better than any inverted china fork on the market short of the fully adjustable units on the more expensive bikes. I've also run with and without a fork brace, and I prefer without when off road, and with when on the street.

The KPX is better on gas because of that fuel injection. If I were to replace my Hawk I would have a KPX tomorrow for that very reason, and the better OHC engine... and the 6th gear.
I guess it's just the looks of the front forks that may make then seem like they are weak, and while the box tubing rear swing arm could obviously bend if abused, I guess as the bikes age, rust could become an issue, but I would chalk that up to the owner as much as the design. 6th gear on the KPX is not really as high as one may think. I think that with the 17/46 sprockets on the Hawk, and comparing to the stock sprockets on the KPX ( don't know the size), it seems like 1st on the KPX is now a little lower, than 1st in the Hawk, but not by much, and that 6th is about 1/2 a gear higher than 5th on the Hawk. I think the Hawk would run about 70 as easily as the KPX 75. It seems like the KPX feels heavier than the Hawk as well, but I don't really know. I plan on, loosing weight, and I figure that both bikes will have a lot more pep.LOL