View Single Post
Old 04-28-2024, 09:18 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdano711 View Post
I looked for the 450MT and could not find it. Any other suggestions in that size? 450cc seems to be the sweet spot.
You got that right!
I had a CBR300R, and while it could do 107MPH, I never felt like it had much to give past 80MPH. And didn't like riding it on the highway.
Had an FZ07, and it was a hoot, but at highway speeds it reacted just like a car.
80MPH+ it pulled all the way to 100 without any issue (I stopped at around 120, where FOML started taking over (=Fear Of My Life)).
It was too fast.

In the past I also had a Suzuki GS500F, and that thing topped out at 110MPH.
It basically did whatever I wanted it to do, was fuel efficient, but wasn't fun to ride. Too heavy for me.

A fuel injected 450 should have about the same power as that old carbureted 500cc Suzuki, meanwhile the 385LBS is lighter in weight than the GS at 450LBS.
Still, I prefer bikes to be no heavier than 375LBS. That CBR was too heavy for me moving it, but riding it around town was perfect.
The Grom clone I own now is 250LBS wet, and even that one I find kind of heavy on the front.
I wished Honda would make a 225cc Grom-style of bike, with slightly larger wheels, naked, better suspension, and stick below 225LBS if they can.

Roketa had a bike like that, their MC-05-127. Too bad it had a step-through gearbox, and a petty 1 gallon fuel tank. Give it a decent 6 speed gearbox, a 3 gal tank, and a 250cc engine, and it'd be my ideal.
I don't care about going on the highway on a bike anymore.