View Single Post
Old 07-06-2008, 10:51 PM   #45

Update: Here is the final product.

I now have 558 km on it. Today I did my third oil change and the filter was clear of any metal shavings. I went to a Rotilla T 15-40 weight oil from the 30 weight. I noticed that shifting is easier with the mixed weight oil. The tires are wearing in nicely but I am still going to a more road friendly tire when these ware out. Also this weekend I had a full trunk and a duffle bag bungied to the back seat, I notices that with teh extra weight the bike was a little more stable. I weight 180 lbs and I get buffered around a little with wind and air wash from trucks and cars.

My gas miliage is good but I think I could be getting more. I am getting 80 - 85 MPG, granted I have had a lot of strong head winds lately. I am hoping that with some sightly changed riding habits I could gain closer to the 100 MPG range.

I had some screws on the headlight faring and muffler guard that I forgot to lock tight and they were replaced today.

I find that my headlight is dim and I would like to install some PIAA running lights if I can. If anyone has done this please let me know.

All in all I do not regret the purchase and I would do it again for the price.