View Single Post
Old 08-21-2008, 01:49 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim
American Lifan is owned (at least in part, from what I understand), by Lifan in China... American Lifan is the only company allowed to use the Lifan trademark in the USA from what I understand. This lawsuit was filed by Hooper, not A.L. from what I understand, so this is not A.L. trying to screw them over, it appears to be the opposite. As far as I understand other importers were also illegally using American Lifan's EPA certificates.
I believe the issue is, Lifan made a deal with Hooper Imports to sell their bikes many years ago and last year American Lifan was given go from parent company Lifan to be the sole seller of "Lifan" bikes in the USA and told Larry he had to attach Skygo stickers to his Lifan bikes. American Lifan then went on a smear campaign against all other companies that claimed to be selling genuine Lifan bikes, which included Hooper Imports and Larry was not aware of this fact until I emailed him about it. Larry felt he was $crewed by Lifan and I belive brought suit against AL for their smear tactics against his company. (Larry did not tell me any of this, I'm just figuring this to be what is up from what I've read and heard)....

Hope this helps to clear stuff up.
2005 TANK Trail 200
2009 Lifan LY110GY-3 (2)