View Single Post
Old 08-26-2008, 04:08 PM   #1

No spark Yamoto GY150

This bike has worked absolutely perfectly for 2 years now, until 2 days ago.

Took the little guy riding on our 10 mile loop, and 2 miles into the ride, I hit a bump, and then it died.

Ended up pushing 2 miles back through sand trails.... :evil: Anyway, I was afraid I blew the engine, as it acted the same as when I blew up my CR250.

I got it home and the problem is no spark. Thought it was odd, 3 day old plug..put in a new one, and still no spark.

Coil still seems ok when I put the volt meter to it and check for resistance, but there is no power getting to it on kick over. Oddly if I put the volt meter to the two wires on the kill switch and kick over, it swill spikes up properly, and the switch still kills the power when I hit it. So the motor is still producing power, but it isn't getting through the black CDI box to the coil...I think that is the problem, anyway. I don't think there would be any other way to have power to the kill switch and not to the plug.

So my question is can this CDI be rigged up with just any CDI system or does it have to be the specific one?

Thanks in advance.