View Single Post
Old 02-25-2007, 09:56 PM   #8

Send a message via Yahoo to RPM

The DPX-150 is a Qingqi unit. They have a lot of good product that they manufacture and their quality and parts is very good. Retail is $1999, but you may come out better if you visit a dealer close by. I don't think you will ever get one for $1500, but I do know they are good and worth the money.

I actually have one that I use around the shop and use it to pull a 5X8 trailer, so to answer your question, it does the job remarkably well for a 150cc engine. This unit is also made with a Suzuki cloned 200cc manual trans. w/clutch if you want a little more engine and like to shift, but it will cost about 3 hundred more. The 200 will give you more control over the power output and is faster, but I still prefer the CVT and the 150 for all purpose work and ride around my place.

Tank makes one called the Scout250U that is nice and although I haven't personally looked at one myself, dealers tell me that they are one of the best they have sold and just about "bullet-proof". These sell around $2600 on the retail side.

I don't know the prices of the Mountaineer just yet. I know they are known to pretty much "bullet-proof", also, from other dealers that I have talked to. I have seen the 260cc retail in the $3000. bracket with $500 more for the 4X4 version. They are a bit pricier, but built pretty tough.