View Single Post
Old 02-26-2007, 12:13 AM   #13

Amad, I think RPM hit the nail on the head with a 150cc. My neighbors passed a 90cc Honda ATV to their daughter. I think it is an early 1990's model or late 1980's model.

We have become good friends with our neighbors, and we often are invited to their family's barbeques and parties out in the "county" area. Our neighbor's (the wife's) parents live on a 2.5 acre rectangular lot, and her sister and brother in law live on an adjoining 2.5 acre lot. They take their daughter's and son's ATVs to the property when a party is thrown. I, myself, have ridden the 90cc quad. I am shorter, at 5'7" than many of you, but do weigh 180 pounds. While I don't try to imitate those wild ATV video games, I did push the bike somewhat. There are lots of bumps and such, and I figure the bike would haul me around on trails just fine.

Yes it is a Honda, but it is only 90cc, and in spite of the horsepower handicap of Chinese bikes, I couldn't imagine an unmodified Honda 90cc putting out more horses than a Redcat 150. Especially a 250cc (Of course, correct me if I am wrong Bruce or Tom, or anyone for that matter). I would think that a full size 150cc or 250, used for trail riding with the occasional speed passes, would suit you just fine for your intended purpose. In fact, based on what you intend to do with the bike, I think one of these 150's (or 250's) would give you more than you expect for the money. Just listen to Bruce or Tom--yes they are dealers, but they aren't "salesmen" in the sense of smoke and mirrors tactics of "Earl's Used Cars" or similar. The only hesitation I would have in buying a bike from either of them is the fact that they are about 1000+ miles from me, I don't have a truck to pick up a bike, nor the money for a bike (right now), or for gas for a truck (plus the fore-mentioned lack of a truck!) However, now that my financial situation is improving, either by moving to Vegas, or working more hours at my second job, I am tempted to look into trying to put enough down to buy one of those United Motors beauties. I know that the high end German carmakers let you buy a car at your local dealer and pick it up in Germany to drive for a few weeks before shipping it back to the states. Why not buy UM from Bruce, fly out to Ohio, and ride it back to Arizona (or Nevada)? As I would like to support Tom as well, I think one of those Lifan GY-5's should make the trip from Miss. to Arizona as well. No, it's not as exotic as buying a Porche and driving it on the Autobahn, but it's exotic enough for me to think and dream about , on my low budget

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard