Thread: Who Rides This
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2008, 01:37 PM   #4

Yup, Yup, it is. Like, I said, mine is an older ZMC machine, www.zmccanada.com, but they're the same thing, with minor changes. All in all, I've been really happy with the machine. It's taken a bunch of fiddling, but mainly because I bag the crapinski out of it. 10 Miles, on Gravel, WFO, 70 km/h, rinse and repeat.

When it comes right down to it, it's actually made me money! When I first got it, I parked it out front of the shop, for a couple of days, after I set it up, and we got a pile of people with other china-builts in looking for service! Also, I've gone out with it a couple times to recover broken down machines, that broke in places a 4x4 would never go! (Fun way to spend a Saturday, I think!

Nice and Primitive though, and easy to bodge a fix, when it breaks.

Although sadly, neither ZMC or MFC is going to exist for very long, I figure. Parts support for either make is crap, and expensive. Sadly, and ona dealship level, both of them want their dealers to pay $1300+ship for the 250, and try to sell it for $2400+PDI. Well, everyone has an internet connection these days, and can buy their own for $1100 Shipped, Ala Ebay.

That's my take on them anydangways If I remember right, the Manufacturer name is "Wuxan Vehicle Company" or something like, but I'll have to go scrape the mud off the Number plate to be sure...

--Vince