Thread: Our New Boss!
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2008, 08:25 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronFist
The man is a true HERO. His story is fantastic.
I too, agree. I had/have a great deal of respect for McCain, but he didn't run a campaign based on his former self. He started pandering to get votes and lost track of his own opinion. The McCain cadidate of 2008 was not same McCain candidate of 2000.

I know a lot changed during that time, and voting in support of GW 90% of that time didn't help.

I was indifferent in 2000. I didn't care who won. I got behind GW after 9/11 like the rest of the country...but I didn't like what I saw. From warrantless wiretaps, Plame....well you know the list; it's long and embarrassing.

I'm usually about as cynical and skeptical as they come...but I have more hope today than I did last week. And I don't mind admitting, I didn't think he had a chance. I've known he was capable since before he actually started the campaign, but I expected he would have to run at least twice to give some people a chance to vote against him. In fact, on 11-8-05 I predicted Obama would be the 1st black US President....but in 2012.

Is that optimistic or pessimistic? :?
2005 Kawasaki EX250 - A new project