View Single Post
Old 12-18-2008, 03:29 AM   #52

Some Success!

Well, finally some success you all. Determined that the fuel filter was sketchy so I removed it and shortened the fuel hose from the tank to the carb and then put in a new spark plug. Low and behold the bike started and i kept it running and blew out the carb jets some more. I took it for a test ride and it misses here and there. When I accelerate it will cut then rev back up again. But it will start right back up again.

Also, I think some of the electrical wires might have been moving the choke lever after it started which may have caused it to bog out. For now its a good mellow "flat trail" bike. The FMF muffler makes it sound loud as hell as compared to my new XMoto 250cc exhaust.

Now it just needs a Front Wheel to replace the bent one and the large nut that goes on top of the tri clap that holds handle bars. Its difficult to find a 20mm nut in a regular hard wear store and Honda shops dont want to sell any parts for China bikes where I live. i will check out the parts websites from the previous links.

I'm not sure what to do about the slight hesitation when accelerating but I am just glad I got the bike running again like it is. Thanks for all your help dudes! you"ll go to heaven for this.

Michael A :oops: