View Single Post
Old 02-16-2009, 01:30 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by max_damage
Quote:
or you can use any oil filter designed for the Yamaha TW200, XT225, TT-R225 or TT-R230 motorcycles
Can you confirm it 100% it will fit, becouse i allways cleaned my filter (didnt know witch one to buy :oops: ) so i can buy one.
Hi, Max. I hope you are well and enjoying your Zong!

I must admit, I have not verified it myself, so I cannot confirm 100% that the Yamaha filters I specified are exact replacements. The Zongshen oil filter is reusable. Therefore, like you, I have been cleaning my original oil filter and reusing it. The original oil filter is ruggedly built, and I am sure it will last a very long time.

However, I was ordering some parts from Zongshen America, so I also bought a spare oil filter for $7.00, plus shipping. This way I can exchange oil filters when I change my oil, and clean the used oil filter at my leisure.

The Zongshen oil filter is very well built, reusable and competitively priced, so there is no need to get an aftermarket oil filter. However, I am 99% sure the Yamaha filters I specified will work for the Zongshen 200GY-2. :wink:

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894