View Single Post
Old 03-21-2009, 01:37 PM   #1

JMSTAR 150cc problems :-(

Hi everybody,

I have a new (August 2008) JMSTAR 150cc "Sunny Princess" and it's got issues. I want to know if other people have had these issues, what they did, and if it's even worth it to fix them if everything else is likely to fall apart too. It was a graduation present and I don't want to have to pay to fix a lemon!

Ok, so first problem - after about 50 miles, it stopped starting with the electric start - the battery wasn't charging, or wasn't holding a charge. i got a new battery for it and it started working again.

i've now gone about 200 miles, speeds up to 70 but mostly around 45-55. It now only starts with the electric if I *also* give it some throttle, which the owner's manual says isn't necessary and shouldn't be done. Also, it's started stalling just about every time I stop, so I have to keep gas on it to keep it from failing. I imagine this is bad for it.

i've never owned a scooter before, so I'm not sure if this is a problem, but the engine sometimes makes noise like something's scratching on the inside. this usually happens when accelerating, but sometimes it makes that noise when I'm at a constant speed.

also, about 2/3 of the time when I start the scoot, one of the blinkers is on. i'm pretty sure I turn the blinkers off before I park the scooter, but if this is a known electrical issue it might be helpful to know.

Thanks for any help!