View Single Post
Old 04-19-2009, 09:28 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by KentuckyDonkey

If you can deal directly with Hamna for warranty parts/missing parts, etc. it might not be too bad. (From what I've read, Olson operates his business from his wife's clothing store...and is just a channel for dropshippers)

...and I know (from trying to get some info about one of the models he advertises) he doesn't answer the phone.

You've got guts...rolling the dice with over $1,000 of your money and not knowing what you'll be getting.....
Well, like was pointed out before, I didn't check ripoff.com etc. first which I should have, so at the time I ordered,I had talked to the guy on the phone at length, got him to confirm info in email, and was TOLD, I would get a SunL SLD-200GY in black/white. Told me he had personally talked to his 'warehouse guy" who had confirmed the bike was "IN STOCK"....
soooo, then I put down the money the next morning.

After not getting a confirming email of the order etc. I wrote a letter, and left a message. Then it occurred to me to call SUNL. Sent them and email and was informed that Olson was NOT a dealer but they knew who he was. THEN i got a quicko message from Brandon Olson (not the Matt guy I had been talking to, ) and Brandon explained that the order had been placed with the warehouse in Houston, that confirming documents would arrive and be forwarded (docs said SLD-200GY when I got them). He later told me to expect the shipping docs by the 16th and low and behold they arrived showing the crate had been picked up at Hanma by SAIA etc.

As I said before, I think its the 'rebound' from thinking I might have been completely defrauded to finding out that indeed something 320lbs worth is actually enroute has taken the sting out of not knowing for sure what is coming. Since a lot of people seem to think SunL's SLD is not the best bike of the type out there, and that in reality they are all mostly nearly equal..I'm not too concerned with who's name is on it or really, what color it is as long as its the right "type" so this whole thing *might* work out.
We'll know sometime between tomorrow (monday) when I'm expecting confirmation from Hanma as to what they actually shipped lol, and tuesday or wednesday when the bike is supposed to actually arrive.

Kindof fun really LOL., but in the meantime, keep on guessing
Going to be a kodak moment if a 200 scooter or atv of some kind shows up LOL.

Seer
Seer