Thread: Disappeared
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2009, 12:48 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhyak
I keep my Tank-200 at my cabin as it is my logging road/trail bike. It suits this much better then my heavier DR650 and if I drop my china bike on a trail I'll be much less grief stricken then if I drop my Suzuki.
Put some good hand guards on that DR and ride it! Seriously, I've dropped mine a bunch of times and had it slide downhill on it's side more than once... hasn't hurt it. Once you get used to the weight offroad, it's not so much of an issue... and the extra power/better suspension more than makes up for it.
One thing that really helps the DR out is to drop the front sprocket from the factory 15 tooth down to a 13 tooth. I went with a 15/47 and have a 13 to swap out... top end with the 15 is around 80, but it pulls like a tractor and I can power wheelie in second gear. With the 13 it's a beast off road... boatloads of torque!

But, my DR is an older bike, it's not pretty and I'm an idiot anyway... even if it was brand new I'd still hit the trails with it... that's what it's made for afterall!