View Single Post
Old 06-29-2009, 01:32 AM   #1

ATV Battery Connection Discussion

Hey Forum,

Over the past few weeks I have been around 3 Gio ATV's being assembled and 'broke in' -- two I have assembled and one was done by my brother in law. Two of these units have managed to wiggle the negative battery cable hardware, and toss them into neverland. As I'm sure many of you have put similar atv's together, what have you done to keep this from happening?

My 110cc Mini Beast's connections are as tight as the day I installed them. The 50 dropped the negative one today, and the positive was loose as well. Now I KNOW I tightened them both up real well, as I assembled it after witnessing my brother in law's drop his a week before.

My concern here is this little hardware is not easy to come by! The Gio's come with a little bolt and a rectangular piece of metal with a thread in the middle, this acts as a clamp on the underside of the battery 'post.' I did not want to loctite this as I just had something needling me telling me not to around the battery.

How have all of you either installed your battery cables so they don't come off? ..and if you've had them fall off how have you re-installed them 'better'.

My problem is finding hardware small enough, and today, much to my perfectonist, do things right personality, just bent the circular end of my cable and shoved it inside the terminal to make contact so my little girl could ride it still. Not happy with that, and I'm hoping I can bend it back to clamp it in properly once I have the hardware.

Interested in your thoughts...