Thread: Hi
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2009, 02:04 AM   #27

OK, he seemed to really like the Roteka 200cc model, so we went with that.

Slightly bruised in shipping, but overall not too bad.

Had to assemble front wheel, bleed front brakes, handle bars, and rear suspension. Put in good 15-40W because I didn't trust the "stock" oil.

Snafu's: When tightening the bottom shock bolt, it broke right off. Trip to hardware store for grade 8 bolt and lock washer.

Chain is too short. Need one more link just to mate it together (yes, that's with master link and still 1/16" too short...incredibly frustrating. I haven't cursed that much since work last Friday).

Battery wears down right away and is mostly useless for starting.

Won't start. Filled with fresh fuel, opened pot bowl drain screw to make sure gas was in bowl.
Looks like the factory started it, because the plug was black with carbon.
Cleaned and replaced. Color probably should have been brown, so maybe jetting might need some work.

Took off air boot to shoot starting fluid directly down the pot throat.
Finally got it to run for about 30 seconds, but then died and that was it.

Too tired to continue for today, but we'll take another crack at it again when time permits.

Not a bad looking little bike. If we get her running, might need some more ergonomic adjustments, namely height adjustment.

Need to finally break down and get a spring compressor. Looks like the bottom adjuster rings can lift it another inch up.

I knew it wasn't going to be easy, although I didn't expect quite this much of a challenge.
:wink: