View Single Post
Old 10-10-2009, 10:21 AM   #13

Have not modified the tabs yet, but I am going to. I see no reason to have any front to back slop there. As long as the arms move freely up and down it should be good.

I have some distilled water around somewhere to top it up.

The bike is 50% taken apart again but I have a boatload of other stuff to do atm.

I will set up a new photobucket account for the pics later as I dont remember my L&P from old one.

Cheap trick: I removed the header pipe and painted it with a $15.00 rattle can of high temp aluminized silver header paint from C/T. As well as adding a little shine, it should protect it nicely.
Scotchbrite the pipe, brake cleaner, then paint away.
The exhaust gasket can be reused if you are carefull, but if you have ordered the performance pipe, you get a new one anyway.

Have to pick up a UniFilter as per Welndangrind today

EDIT: Not much today, busy with yard crap. Purchased a needle tip for my grease gun to fill up the rubber boots, re:steering and load some grease in the swingarm bearing area. They are are going to be replaced anyway, but I'd prefer some grease in there for now.

Oh, to get your "ownership" type papers, write down the VIN which is located on the front of the ATV, go to GIO Bikes site, go to "MY GIO" and find your invoice....right in that area you can input the VIN and get a couple pieces of paper to print out. Might be helpful if you want to register the bike for taking off private property, etc.

Had a few people drop over today...the bike was like a magnet...I told em the truth, under $900.00 to the door (the way it sits now)...most were shocked...I suppose they expected it to fall apart just sitting there because it came from China. I explained that these big Chinese factories can crank out 300 bikes a day and are ISO9001 certified (I believe it). Now, I know ISO and I know you you can write your own very lax set of procedures (lax or tight doesnt matter, just have to FOLLOW what you write) but still I think China is halfway up the bellcurve. Maybe they wont have quite so meteoric of a rise as Japan did, but that engine for example is pretty nice fit/finish wise...seriously.