View Single Post
Old 10-12-2009, 02:22 AM   #15

Re: Carb or Throttle issue..suggestions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCD
Alright, so I only had time today to installl pipe and ignition and finish reassembly...so original carb still on.

Bike idles fine but give it the gas and she bogs out...even putting around in first gear you have to feather the throttle or it dies.
The thimb throtttle does have 3/4" of free play (how to adjust?) but I think this is a classic carb problem.

With the yardwork, Thanksgiving, etc I could really save some time if anyone knew the quick answer. Sure, i could give up and put the Mikuni on but I dont have time right now and thats a chickens way out...this must be fixable.

I would really appreciate any insight on this (float-slide-etc).

Thanks a bunch!

Pete
Hey Pete,

Lots of talk on the forums about the chinese carbs being gummed up in shipping, and having crappy floats that need some cleaning and tweaking initially. You have a very typical problem and seen a lot of this complaint in the forums.

On both my 110cc and 50cc Gio's, they are extremely choke position sensitive. It's not a problem on my 110, since there is a lever under the handlebar, but the 50cc has a manual lever on the carb and it's a bleep sucker to get at. I'm not sure which setup is on the 200cc Beast, but it wouldn't surprise me if this is part of the problem.

I would play with your choke lever position some and see if that helps your bog problem before dissassembling the carb to look inside.