View Single Post
Old 10-13-2009, 02:55 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboT
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCD
Hey, at least you had an out

The root of the problem was me trying to break the bike in with the stock carb to save time. I chose to ignore the many, many horror stories because of course, MY bike is going be different right? HA!

Well, as my father used to say, 'Its a poor day when you don't learn SOMETHING".

Pete
I had some stupid issues with the 50cc carb, namely the slider was in backwards, and wasn't seating all the way to the bottom. When I started it it would scream and take off on me!! Bit of a head scratcher for me at the time, as I didn't have a lot of experience with motorcycle carbs.

Other than that, both my daughters quads have the stock carbs, and to be honest, I have ZERO problems with the running conditions of either, except for perhaps being a 'tad' rich.. nothing bad though. They run real well...but I also don't need a ton of power out of them for my 5 and 7 year olds.

I have other issues..mainly bad front ends due to crappy shocks and just recently, a rear axle issue..
I'm 6ft, about 185...if I stand on the pegs and lean/bounce the front end, i get about 1" of travel. I am not joking.
Performance shocks arent here yet but they HAVE to be an improvement. So my point is (as you likely know) if the suspension isnt taking the beating, what is? Lets guess

If the machine had of run OK with the stock carb I probably would have done more important things first, and there are many. Stock carb would have been fine.
In an earlier post i mentioned it arrived in REAL good shape, well, I paid for that with the carb . Luck of the draw...I would have preferred a few smashed reflectors and a functional carb, but what can you do right?