View Single Post
Old 10-13-2009, 03:04 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCD

I'm 6ft, about 185...if I stand on the pegs and lean/bounce the front end, i get about 1" of travel. I am not joking.
Performance shocks arent here yet but they HAVE to be an improvement. So my point is (as you likely know) if the suspension isnt taking the beating, what is? Lets guess

If the machine had of run OK with the stock carb I probably would have done more important things first, and there are many. Stock carb would have been fine.
In an earlier post i mentioned it arrived in REAL good shape, well, I paid for that with the carb . Luck of the draw...I would have preferred a few smashed reflectors and a functional carb, but what can you do right?
Haha yeah you just have to remember they make thousands of them a week, then they float over here in a container, knocked around being delivered to the warehouse, kicked around by UPS coming to you etc. There's bound to be something amiss through either shipping damage or world famous Chinese QC. You take the good with the bad.

I'm not surprised about the front end at all. Gio had mentioned some performance shocks for the 110cc, but I haven't seen them yet. I'm 6'6, 260lbs, and I can barely get them to move on this little machine. Tough for my little kids to control the smacks as it sends the things reeling. The hits are being soaked up by the 'A' arm, and it's loosening the bolts which connect the assembly to the frame. I'm constantly tightening. Again, it's rarely at speed hitting bumps, and I wouldn't want it to be the way it is. They were entry quads to see if my kids liked them, and if we got a chance to get them on them enough. We'll see as time passes how I can make them better etc. I've owned them less than a year.