View Single Post
Old 10-16-2009, 12:17 AM   #121

I have been busy working and riding, so I waited a bit before I asked my good friend Andy to help me install my Clarke XT225 fuel tank. Also, the Clarke fuel tank requires a Yamaha fuel petcock, which I needed to purchase. I severely dislike being raped by excessive shipping charges; therefore, I also waited a while to purchase several other items in order to combine the shipping charges before I bought the fuel petcock.

After experimenting quite a bit with the Clarke fuel tank, I was convinced I could mount it properly on my Zong. However, I wisely decided to rely upon my good friend Andy, a professional diesel mechanic, to figure out the best, final installation. As usual, Andy devised an excellent solution for mounting the Clarke tank.

I will soon post the details regarding the Clarke fuel tank installation in another thread. However, to bring this thread to a proper conclusion, I have posted below some photographs of the newly installed fuel tank. These photos were taken today, as I took my YamaZong for a 140-mile ride.

The Clarke fuel tank is solidly mounted, and it works superbly. I am very happy to accept the Clarke tank as the best solution for both the function, and the appearance of my YamaZong. I wish to thank everyone who offered constructive feedback regarding this project. I had a lot of fun experimenting with the Zong’s fuel tank and tank plastic; I hope you enjoyed watching the experiment. Once again, thank you for all your help.

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894