View Single Post
Old 10-27-2009, 01:33 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCD
That could hurt the bike if you have the no rev limiter CDI (and believe in it). Even without it, just winding the snot out of it one gear...why risk it?

What do you think of timing it instead? Maybe an 1/8 mile, or even just "from here to the stop sign" type of thing? Most every cell phone made these days has a stop watch function and you & Stew could work in tandem, one on the bike, one on the watch, thens vice-versa

Just a thought
I think time would be challenging. If you think about drag cars over a 1/4 mile, a second improvement takes some pretty good HP increases, if you reduce the length of the 'test strip', how much time improvement will you see? Then you need to factor in driver error. With no tachometer, tough to know if your shift points are similar etc..

I think the answer W&G is an accerormeter like we discussed. Cool toy and the high end ones would give you 1/8, 0-60 times etc.. Not exactly a cheap way to do it.

The 'fire road' at Nickelmine would be a good dragstrip if not for the nasty bumps.

It's making me wish I still had access to Pemberton and the runway!! ..but I digress.

Sorry for the damn post flood and hijacking this thread on carbs, I'm feeling wordy tonight.