View Single Post
Old 10-27-2009, 02:24 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCD

Anyone have a Blackberry? Even if you dont have a GPS app you can still use BB Maps for rudimentry functions.

Stew, your GPS device is much better suited to this than a Blackberry come to think of it. Garmin?
Hey Pete,

You're getting me confused with MICrider, who is Stew, and who started this thread we've so eloquently hijacked into a speed testing discussion. It got a little hectic so easy to do! I try to keep my real name out of the public forums, (for reasons I still don't know just do ) but if you check our PM you'll jog your memory!

I do have a Blackberry with the GPS ap, but where W&G ride there is no cell coverage, and when I tried to load it there it flashed at me that it wouldn't work without it... it struck me as odd at the time, since GPS should be seperate from cell coverage.. I'm thinking perhaps it locates the maps via the cell network as to not store them in the phones memory, and just shuts itself down without the coverage.

My GPS is a Garmin yes, and it probably does way more than I use it for.. but I know it has the functions I mentioned before and is quite accurate.