View Single Post
Old 12-13-2009, 03:38 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by katoranger
Its as close to an xt225 at half the cost now…
Yes, I think that’s about right, Allen. However, my YamaZong XT200GY-2 has a few features lacking on the stock, Yamaha XT225: Inverted Forks; LED Turn Signals and Indicator Lights; 4.1 Gallon (Advertised) Clarke Fuel Tank; Fiamm 125 dB Horn; Wide, soft, comfortable touring saddle; FMF Turbine Core 2 Spark Arrestor/Silencer; Extra-Wide Foot Pegs; Heavy-Duty Luggage Rack; and DRC Edge 2, LED Tail Light Assembly. I can also switch front wheels to achieve a supermoto configuration with my Zong. In addition, the Zong is less expensive to repair, and it is not hampered by all the EPA emissions add-ons that make the Yamaha XT225 so cold-blooded. To be fair, however, the Yamaha XT225 is much lighter, has a larger engine, et cetera. Nevertheless, with all factors considered, I prefer my YamaZong XT200GY-2.

Quote:
…Looks like the kickstand is alittle short…
Yes, as someone warned me, I think the kickstand might now be a little too short. Since it is winter, I have a few months to modify the kickstand before the trails upon up in the spring. I need to do some research, but I think I can install a used, or new Yamaha XT225 kickstand. As Doc predicted, I can also ask my Christian brother Andy to weld an extension onto the Zong kickstand, as shown in the following thread.

http://tw200forum.com/forums/76844/ShowPost.aspx

Quote:
…Also does the speed read correctly with the new wheel?…
I did a rough calculation, and I figured the new front wheel is about ten percent larger in circumference than the stock front wheel. Since the speedometer was previously ten percent “optimistic,” I predict it should be more accurate after this conversion.

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894