View Single Post
Old 01-15-2010, 09:33 PM   #25

I picked up the XP 200 today, I hope it will be warm enough to take it out this weekend?

I am so far impressed with the bike and the dealer was very nice, the mechanic went over the basics of the bike with me, the engine purs and idles very steady.

The bike looks much cooler in person,

Qlink provides a check list that the mechanic goes over checks off and signs, they gave me a copy of that and the warranty, owners manual and a parts book.

I loaded it into the bed of my Tacoma and it just fit, shifted the back end to angle it and the tailgate snugged it in. Two tie downs is all it took to hold it in place.

Dang I felt like kid taking it home....

I will take some pictures soon...

I looked at the Yahmaha and Kawasaki's they had in the showroom, and the prices and thought I am lucky. After all was said and done I paid about $2,100.00 (shipping, tax and title) for a bike that really should be retailing for $2,700.00 plus all the fees.

If your thinking about a good bike, this is really a decent bike and at $1699.00 it's a steal.

I looked over at the computer screen; while they processed the paper work and saw the dealer invoice costs it was $1,400 and some change, thats for the 2008 XP200 closeout. The 2009 is selling at http://www.qlinkmotor.com/products/products.php?pid=76 for $2,299 plus all the fees.

Here is pic of one...not mine but mine is black and exactly the same, it looks better in person. Its a full size bike, I am 6' and I feel totally comfortable on it, its seat is 35"+, it looks and feels very solid.

I did a shit load of research before I bought, I called Qlink and they are very helpfull, I asked how many they had in black and was told 17...16 now maybe less?

The DR200 that sports the same Suzuki engine and Mikuni carb has a MSRP of over $4,000.00 and is not as a good looking bike.

The Q also has a 2yr waranty and I financed it through their website no interest if I pay it off in 12 months.

The Qlink find a dealer feature on it's website actually has dealers listed....mine is Kennedy's Sport Cycle
http://www.kennedyscycles.com/kenned...ortcycles.html