View Single Post
Old 01-17-2010, 11:24 AM   #4

I see parts for the SS16 on EBAY but not much on CL but I keep checking and I hope to find some tractor salvage yards this summer or pick up another complete SS.
Mine is a 1976 so I will most likely go with a slight patriatic theme on the paint.
There doesnt seem to be salvage yards as much as there are guys with these things scattered all over their lawns from what I have seen/been to.

Well that little tractor plowed our drive without to much trouble and as you can see it has NO weights or chains on the back.
But to be fair the snow was very light/fluffy.

It did clear the driveway at the road where the street plow had piled the snow but since it was just a couple (2-3) inches of snowfall it wasnt much of a problem.

I'd use our mule if it was set up for it but not having a plow and 4wd drive being down right now I have to use what I can.

I dont think it goes anywhere fast enough to actually throw the snow far but it is still easier than shoveling it by hand.

Since we got this house we have been tapped and these little tractors are all over the place for free or next to nothing.

The SS16 was a good score from a friend at work and will be pampered but also my main tractor I just need a mower deck for it now.(wood chipper, lift bucket, back blade, rototiller, and on and on....)