View Single Post
Old 01-17-2010, 06:46 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oengus
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealWorld
In my experience, not to many dealers will be real interested working with you on one of these. I also don't think you find it that easy to deal with Zonshen. They sell only to legitimate dealers.
yeah and some how they stepped outside their own bussiness model. They have bikes being sold outside the dealer network and those are still considered new.

Zongshen bikes are now being dropped shipped, was yours spud? They did not want that, they seemed to want to go through brick and mortar dealers, a traditional business model.

I do not think parts are an issue currently, any exisitng zong dealer can get you a part.
I did not buy my Zongshen 200GY-2 motorcycle from a dealer. In the year 2008, I bought my Zong from an independent importer, who sold it to me out of his garage. This seller had an advertisement in the Seattle, Washington Craigslist. I telephoned him, and emailed him, as I negotiated the purchase. I then searched the internet, and found a shipping company to deliver my Zong to Idaho. I paid $950 for my new, in-the-crate, 2006 Zongshen motorcycle. I paid the shipper $238 to deliver my motorcycle to Idaho. I did not get any warranty coverage with my motorcycle. Fortunately, I did not need any warranty coverage.

I have never had any problems getting parts for my Zongshen motorcycle. Any Zong owner can easily purchase parts from Zongshen America, Phil, or any authorized Zongshen dealer. The Kingstone 130/90-15 dual sport tires, however, are a different matter.

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894