View Single Post
Old 03-20-2010, 11:22 AM   #5

Weldandgrind, I had thought about going that route & even checked out HF, but the cheapest motor is $129 for a 6.5hp motor. Since I still got the line on those $70 China motors I was thinking about picking one of those up. No need for a TAV or go kart style clutch if I use one of them.

FastDoc or anyone else that knows, what ATV motor should I be looking for to go clutchless, any visual clues?

TeamCheap, you read my mind. The motor mount is directly behind the driver, so the shifter would be operated by my left hand (Might be weird at first). I was just afraid that lengthening the shifter would affect it. Essentially, I would have to move the gear position less correct? Might make finding N tougher, but I didn't know if it would bind with the extra length. If I go that route, I'll keep it simple by adding a clutch lever on the shifter so it becomes one simple grip & pull or find a clutchless motor/trans.

Pictures will come as soon as I drop the motor in my Chevelle hopefully this week so it's not in my way anymore.