View Single Post
Old 04-09-2010, 11:06 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oengus
Quote:
Originally Posted by MICRider
Is the dangling caliper stock or an accessory? Just kidding, I know they are in the process of being put together... It just looks funny!
I know they should have thought about that....

How many km did you put on the Konker? I just got to 250 on my XP, I think my chain may need to be adjusted. They say 20mm to 30mm...thats about .75 to 1.18 inches and I think mines over that.

I just got the service manual and bought two oil filters...nobody bothered to tell me you have to replace the O ring too!! The service manual is good...it even has the torque setting on bolts. I will have the dealer do the first 1000km service, I bought the filters for later.

Mine and me are shifting smoother, staying under 5k rpm for 1000km, wearing in is a pain in the ass!

I like the bike....but think I will soon want more.

When it was new it did not like to find 1st at a light, it likes to find it before the light. Traffic light or stop sign, you know. If you get to a stop and cannot get it to go into 1st or N for that matter, then let out the clutch and you hear it disengage and then shift down.

I think I have slop in the chain...I think I can hear it in 2nd and 3rd not so much in 4th or 5th? Is it just me? A new sound and the chain may be strecthing, does or can you hear that? Not bad sound just wonder is that normal or not...worry worry worry. I'm a worrier.

Before I ride it again I'll check the chain....I am feeling anxious to get past 1000km and the first oil change. If I adjust the chain it will be to limit it to 1 inch or 25mm, I think mine may be at 1.5 inches or 38 mm? I have to check it again.

If you have any question you can ask me....I can look it up.,.the service book is totally comprehensive. 180 pages and it even has all the torque values for all the bolts!
Not to hijack your Galaxy thread, but the Konker is doing great. Not too sure about the chain stretch thing though, I have put the enduro kit on and off a couple of times, so have adjusted it at each install. I think I have about 320 km's on mine now, did my first oil change around 100 km's because I had seen some pics of filters on chinabikes with lots of metal particles in them... Mine had nothing in it, so it was fine .

I didn't have a new o-ring for the filter cover so I reused the original one, on my next change I might take the old ring to the hardware store and match up a new one. Lol, I bought a lifetime supply of oil filters on ebay since I was having trouble sourcing them here.

Good to hear the shifting is smoothing out for you, I think it keeps getting better as it wears in. Mine shifts like butter. I'm a single dad with my son full time so I don't get a lot of time to ride... Plus I have a KLR coming on Wednesday so I'm not too sure how quickly I will get miles on the Konker... I think the bikes will be fighting for my attention!