View Single Post
Old 04-01-2007, 12:59 AM   #44

[quote="SamM"]

My current streetbike is a 2005 KTM 950 Adventure S dualsport. It's a great bike and at the opposite end of the spectrum from the Viva.

quote]

We had discussed this "phenomenon" before. These bikes are in their own world/leagues. Member 'FMYstreetracer' has a tricked out Civic that he races on the track (and I am sure on the street, too :wink: )but likes his slow Roketa. When my Jetmoto was rolling, it sounded really cool (sort of) and people turned around to see what was making all the noise. I used to own a 93 Mustang GT, and a quicker than my Jetmoto Suzuki DR250s (a great bike in its own right), but the Jetmoto is great, despite its horsepower handicap. It is almost as if it really is in its own world. Your Viva will probably start getting ridden more than your KTM. On the other hand, I would keep the KTM for any potential Chinabike "glitch" that may come around later.

In theory, I would love to become a one car family. I want to get the Jetmoto running again sometime in my lifetime, and would like to add a street bike, such as a Hyosung GT650 standard/UM equivalent. My wife would use the car for her housewife things and chores, while I would commute on a bike to work.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard