View Single Post
Old 04-16-2010, 10:54 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune
Oengus, keep up with the correspondence to Galaxy. I really like the SUV, in a Yamaha TW kind of way. The same wholesaler out of China (not sure if they are affiliated with Galaxy) that you have a link to also show the XTR series of bikes at wholesale, as well as the TGR series for wholesale. In theory, they all use the same engine, the 223cc (I believe Loncin derived), and all are showing as EPA certified.

Remember, the XTR 250 is race proven, as far as the 200? Taklamkan Rally in China is concerned, so I am sure the SUV would be reliable as well, at least engine-wise. However, until they get the fuel injection bugs worked out, the carb would be the way to go, but Andy on the mychinamoto threads is still our Guinea pig, so we might just read good things about the fuel injection, yet!!
for Andy I hope so.

The tradevv site that you refer to as a "wholesaler" was set up by Galaxy. Galaxy use that to offer samples and that is what Andy Hird bought. The link on tradevv is not a wholesaler its Galaxy advertising samples.

They would love to sell me an SUV and for me to track it and document that experience. They know the internet will conjure interest in the bike, that interest can drive sales.

Spud should get commisions on the ZS200GY-2 sales for the US seriously.

I can see why John Zhou is in the position he is in, he fielded me with candor.

When I sent an email making an inquiry through the tradevv site, John Zhou responded.
He took the time to address all of my inquires.

The bike has been manufactured for a year an one half.

It is a 223cc Honda design the carburetion and ignition systems are compatible.

They seem to have nuts and bolt issues? (my conclusion from what I read on mychinamoto) I am not sure I am up for a investment to assist them in quality control. Andy Hird obviously is or thought he was?

I like the bike, I like the SUV to me it rates high on the cool factor. That bike would get noticed.

I have been ridding around on my XP200 and heads turn everywhere….lol I like turning heads, always have. I think the SUV is even more of a head turner…I like it I want one.

If you have $1,700.00 get one…you are in Arizona you could drive to Long Beach and pick it up that would cut freight costs in half. If you did, that being contacted John and asked for a price FOB Long beach the price would be around $1250.00, I could be wrong but half the freight is over land.

Interstate 8 to interstate 5? You could pick it up at the port, you could ask for oversea transport to Long Beach and customs clearance and then you would pick it up. Your price is not the same, it would be less for you, you can get to Long Beach, I am a far from there.

The bike is cool, if ridden primarly on the street it could be very very reliable or not...