View Single Post
Old 04-17-2010, 06:12 PM   #39

Getting bikes to the USA… a 20ft container can hold as many as 34 bikes. The costs of that about $4,000.00/34 about $120.00 each.

So dispersed aggregate buying groups would be required, the price of the bikes out of production is still $900.00

However the cost of motorcycle arriving in a USA port is or would be about only $1,020.00 USD each, if they came in a full 20ft container.

I would need to know about customs costs and do they all pass through cheaper or is the previous single unit cost for customs at $120.00 still the same or is it less on a full container?

Then from the port of import to wherever the bikes would go…that’s interesting as it could be shipping to more than one aggregate buying group?

If it was two buying groups then from the port the order would get split as in these VINS go to one destination and the other VINS go to another destination. That could be managed through a single freight handler and to two or more specific destinations, that being the closest freight terminal in aggregate groups area. The shipment from the port would get split up.

Since the bikes cost $1,700.00 each (single unit shipment) then we can back out of that with the new prices. Assuming customs cost are constant at $120.00 each and that could be less?

We now have a cost of $1,140.00 (in a US port cleared of customs) each and have to get the bikes to an inland location(s). Lets assume 20 are going to one location (wishful) then the previous inland freight cost of one at a count of 20 was 20(1700-1140)=$11,200; it pretty safe to say it will not cost that much to have a truck transport 20 of them from the port to Cleveland!

That’s the next question; as what would be the cost to get them from the port to Cleveland, the single unit cost was incorporated in the $685 quote the only values broken out was the bike $900 and customs clearance $120.00 . That is the $1,700 total cost of one shipped to your home. So there is some reduction in there when the cost of ocean freight is reduced and the cost of inland transport is consolidated.

But one group is not likely to buy 34 bikes, it could take a few groups in different places the larger the group the cheaper the inland transport costs.

I would think that the price could be as low as $1,300-$1,500 to get a bike you would then have to pick it up at a local freight terminal. Depending on the size of the group/consolidated purchase.

The bigger the purchase the lower the costs, so an aggregate group(s) could be set up, that could be based an a club/forum, making lists and tracking it till the unit orders come to 34.

It could also bring in other bikes other models and even other manufactured brands. The price of production is not connected to filling a container, I would not ask Galaxy to discount on $900.00 it is already low. I would rather they keep the money and invest it in a warranty account. I would be and am apprehensive to product failures.

I am wondering about the engine and the source of it, that 223cc is being made by many and shows up on many bikes, the one made by Zongshen used on the GS250 had some issues. There are groups on other forums tracking that GS250 and it had some transmission issues.

I will keep up with it, but I will not likely being buying a sample since I still have to pay off the XP200. Maybe after that is paid off, but that is not until December.

John says they are working on documentation for the bike. Parts lists and manuals…a must IMO. some sort of warranty is also in order…but at $900.00 you really cannot expect much.

It would be good to have it all in order and also have one to test. to see if it conjures enough interest to preorder them.