View Single Post
Old 04-20-2010, 12:25 AM   #1

different gear raios, what makes it more street and dirt?

This is interesting that 223cc engine costs less then $300.00 in china. I changed my opinion on warranty to that of can I buy it with an extra engine at cost? A spare…LOL Can I have access to parts at cost?

I wonder how that bike is geared?

Comparatively the Zongshen GS250 has that engine and so does the Hensim250 dirt bike; are those two bikes geared differently? I would think they should be one is a street bike and one is a dirt bike.

Taking off from a stop who reaches second gear first? I am not willing to be all geared up again, as in I may be a street bike person at heart. Are these bikes all geared the same…I am still learning.

Here is an interesting comparison:
http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/thr...ho-will-win/10

Then consider the Galaxy line.

SUV
PRIMARY RATIO: 3.333
FINAL DRIVE: 2.882

XTR
FINAL DRIVE: 3.154

TGR
FINAL DRIVE: 3.615

Would the SUV have a higher top speed and less torque up front? Off the line the TGR would do a wheelie and the SUV would just be ramping up to another gear?

Typically the manufacturers do not list ratios on the bikes.

It made me think because of a thread on mychinamoto, where a new XP200 owner was asking about his bike and why first gear for him seems a waste. What got me was if I recall it said; that the bike has under 200miles on it and he was talking about 7000 rpms? I will not or have not touched that marker yet. I passed 200 already and me and the bike are still getting used to each other….I am out of first before 4000, I jump fast to second. Then it was mentioned about starting off in second…I would say you should be rolling for 2nd and if the engine struggles that’s very hard on it and like going up a steep hill in 5th.

I am still learning but think that the SUV is more street.

The XP has a 3.158 primary and a 3.00 final ratio.