View Single Post
Old 04-24-2010, 09:10 PM   #4

I am not that concerned about the engine, just wanted to point out how little they cost in china.

I can see in the top speeds what the differences are in part, its a trade off.

I have the data on the XP200 all the gears, but not on the others.

Primary reduction ratio: 3.158
Final stage reduction ratio: 3.00
First gear (transmission ratio) 3.00
2nd 1.933
3rd 1.438
4th 1.095
5th 0.913

I thought that the first gear and final stage were always the same, is that not correct?

I do not know, I try to simplify it.

If I have a taller first gear the number is lower, I wll not be good at crawling across a boulder or a tree trunk. If its shorter then the number is higher and I would be able.

Is or does the Yahmaha XT250 have a taller first then the SUV? It has been called more dual sport then dirt bike.

The XP200 compares to a DR200, the XTR250 would compare to a CRF230. That just to see if they are copied to transmision specs, the wheels are the same 18 and 21

The SUV is geared more for the street, still a dual sport though. Its first gear I would hope would be less grabby and allow smoother take offs. I want slower and more gradual for it, I would not take it over a log it could loose its exhaust. LOL

Its less of a dirt bike then the XP200, but maybe not enough to really notice in first gear on the road?

It would have less torque in first? less pull as it gains that power back in the top end.
Gearing changes takes from one end to the other.

The SUV is not for climbing over things and not really for getting out of the mud.

It would be good on a dirt track thats flat though.

If i got anything wrong correct me...i am just figuring it out as I go.