Thread: +2°C
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2006, 01:26 PM   #4

Actually, the saying" the grass is always greener on the other side" applies here. 6 months out of the year, the heat is very intense; well into the 100's F daily, and sometimes hitting 115 or so (30's and 40's C for you metric types) This goes on and on for a few months. Now, it hits high 90's or low 100's, and high 60's or low 70's at night.

This brings on the onslaught of "snowbirds" from the western states and north of the border. Our speed limit of 35 mph is just laughed at by elderly people who dawdle all day through town at 20-25 mph. Of course, there is not much to see in Yuma to begin with, so what they are driving so slowly to see is beyond me.

After 2 years here, I have pretty much given up, and want to go slightly north to the slightly greener pastures of Las Vegas (As a teacher, Arizona has proven itself as one of the lowest paid states for this "profession"). I have a few weeks off to enjoy myself, but have no $$ to do so (remember my pm's about buying an engine from you--I still need one!)

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard