View Single Post
Old 08-23-2010, 10:10 AM   #39

I tried out the diesel mini from Kijiji add. I'm hooked.

In person it is slightly larger than a typical mini so it wouldn't be considered a true Kei truck. It's still smaller than a shortbox Ranger. The cab was just big enough that I could drive in relative comfort. I could roll up/down the window with the door closed - ahhh the luxury.

It is more 'heavy duty' than the other mini truck's I've looked at. It had 14" front wheels and dual 13"s in the rear - tires should be easier to find. The bed is about 7ft in length (typical Kei truck is ~6ft). Frame and springs were beefier as well. The owner mentioned he'd loaded 'about a tonne' of rock in the bed.

No leaks and the only rust was on the side panels on the box - easily fixable. The current owner had the truck undercoated as soon as it arrived.

Power was lacking but this was expected. It's a non-turbo diesel from the late 80's. Power is between 40-50HP.

Dad went with me on the test drive and got a turn behind the wheel. He loved it as well. It was the first time for each of us in a right-hand drive vehicle - no problems.

"The beatings will continue until moral improves"