View Single Post
Old 09-10-2010, 07:36 PM   #14

alright guys here is the installed picture of it.. please keep in mind the install is not that clean. this winter i am ordering a new body for it and will do a much much nicer install in the same spot. its pushed into the cut out for a tight fit and sealed with black rtv, also it is weather proof but not 100% water proof due to the the edges on the top of it are not sealed. so i put some rtv on my finger and filled in the hair line gap around the edges. poured some water over it and it is sealed up nicely, also seal the spot where the single wire comes out of it with rtv..

the only bad thing i can say about it is that once it is turned on right before it ships it does not turn off. but with a 35,000 hour battery it translates to roughly just over 4 years on a single battery.

i spliced in the signal wire after stripping the coating off the end of it and exposing roughly 1/2 inch of wire. spliced into the female spade plug that goes into my coil. have not confirmed if it works correctly like that but after i charge up the new battery tomorrow i will post with results and short video of it reading the rpms..

when i buy the new body kit for it, it will be mounted in the same spot but my indicator lights will be mounted to the left and right of it since there is room for them and it will look nicer.

it has built in

hour meter
tach meter
service timer