View Single Post
Old 09-23-2010, 01:05 PM   #17

ell doc!..an XT125 nice. vintage material. I say yes!. simple bikes to restore. very mucho like the CB125 design. I have lots of info on the electrics.. diagams n stuff. Thats if your a bit on the loose end of electron flow.

All your going to need is time!. patience.

A good bike breakers or even the ebay parts department. Knowing a bit about paints, a nice garage with tools. and lots of elbow grease.

My friend is a 600W mains drill called "edna" and her friends wire wheels. Plenty of lareg plastic containers. called the office. As ist old parts in.. and parts out, for renovation. A good vice and eye protection.

The idea is to get it stipped down to the fame only, then work your way up, renewing and or painting existing parts. One by one. Even repairs to the loom.

Once you strip the bike down, you will see how easy it is. and not forgetting. how to put it back toghter. I say Pictures!...lol

good luck doc. i hope you do. and dont set a time to finish chap.. just say when its done. Nothing better! in life to stand back and say. I done that!..

And thanks also acydrx. stance ehhh..lol.. as echoed. Go on. join the club! I just do it to prove to my self iam still alive..

Nice meeting you all.. hope all my pic`s speak a thousand words.