View Single Post
Old 10-10-2010, 09:35 PM   #5

Re: Paint

Quote:
Originally Posted by njdfan30
Do you think it would be a pain to paint the body of a beast???? If not, what steps would you (and everyone else) follow to do this job???????
remove the whole body, dont try to paint it on the frame.. get good spray paint, krylon that is ment for plastics and a few cans of clear coat. wet sand the body with a fine grit wet sand paper. then spray the body, nice smooth even coats, allow the coats to dry for like 30 minutes, then do the next coat. keep doing coats untill you get the paint the way you want it. then spray it again with nice smooth even coats of clear coat.

look on youtube they have a how to paint atv plastic videos.. i painted mine cuz it was blue but when i got it the blue had faded to purple.. i didnt do it properly, i masked off the frame and stuff and left the body plastics on. i also used the el cheapo 99 cent spray paint instead ot he 3 to 5 dollar krylon spray paint ment for painting plastics.. i also didnt clear coat mine cuz the paint was already glossy..

spend the extra money on GOOD PAINT, and GOOD CLEAR COAT, take the time to wet sand.. when you wet sand it you dont have to push down to hard, and the end result should be a smooth even haze every where you have painted..