View Single Post
Old 11-25-2010, 08:51 PM   #23

I want to thank everyone who has posted information and advice regarding my post here. The bad news is there is no motorcycle safety or learning courses here. The good news is even though I haven't a clue how to ride I am a licensed driver...and...once I have the bike I can take my time and learn the both mechanical and mental functions of bike riding. I have driven a car for 40 years so I know the mentality of the roadways so I just have to adapt to a motorcycle line of thinking. 90% of the bike riders here in Cochabamba are not licensed or their bikes registered. Most but not all are foreign students who don't want the hassle or feel the need to go thru the licensing/registration process. I am retired from the US and am in the first year of my two year temporary residence requirement to be a permenent resident here..so I want to follow and obey all the laws, and being retired I have time to learn to ride safely. I have several friends who ride motorcycles and are willing to help me learn. Today I stopped by my corner dealer and she told me the bikes are in their warehouse..and If I really want to buy they will bring the bike to their shop (space is very limited) the price went up a tad to $1700. I have been shopping for several months and that is a deal from my experience. I said bring the black one and make sure it is the 250-2A and you'll have your money in half an hour! Hopefully in a few days at least I'll have a bike in my garage.