View Single Post
Old 12-04-2010, 05:38 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastDoc
I just powerwashed it and it cleaned up real nice. 8)

I need data gentlemen. :idea:

Which oil filter? What are the valve clearance specs? I assume I set them the same as Spud's Zong tutorial.

I'll pull the battery and put in on the charger and hope for the best. If I confirm there's no spark, which I expect, I'll get a new CDI and start from there.

I'll change the brake fluid, replace the gas, set the valves, fix a crack on the inner rear fender, check the electrics, oil and adjust the chain, and get her ready to run.

It seems to be a fine machine. So far the build quality is the equal of Q or a Zong GY or any inexpensive japabes machine.
Are you sure you want to take on another project bike, Brother Bill? :roll: :?: I will be glad to take this bike off your hands, and pay you an additional $25 for your time, gasoline, et cetera. The Zongshen Sticky in the Dual Sport Forum is your new, best friend, Doc! Oil filter information, valve clearance specs, et cetera, should be exactly the same for your 230cc Zongshen engine.

http://chinariders.net/modules.php?n...ewtopic&t=8673

It also appears you might have the same, inverted forks as my Zongshen 200GY-2. Please take off the seat, and the plastic; I would love to see photos of your naked Zong! Take it off! Take it all off! :oops: :roll:

I think you might also have the same Teikei, MV28 carburetor as my 200GY-2. I would love to see photos of the airbox, as well. Welcome back to The Collective, Billcutus of Zong! We missed you! Resistance was futile. You have been reassimilated! 8)

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894