View Single Post
Old 12-10-2010, 08:42 PM   #5

I specialized in the boxy Jeep Cherokees and love them still. The last vehicle designed by AMC with a great inline 6 cyl and a awesome aisen warner over drive automatic, the same motor and transmission was used from 87 to 2001 in cherokees with various external improvements...if you ever find one with a no start/no spark situation try changing the crank position sensor...located about 1 oclock on the bell housing where it meets the motor as you look from the front to the back.

When ever I recommend a favorite I always throw down the disclaimer "YOUR EXPERIENCE MAY VARY"

Neons blow up at 100k, Geo metro 3 cyl's like to burn exhaust valves and shake like a paint shaker, early to mid 90's kia sephias valve cover gaskets would leak oil in to the spark plug wells and cause misfiring...

I think the saturns were an under appreciated economical car...easy to work on once you take the time to learn about them...valve guide seals wear out and let oil into the cyls...get some smoke when you idle for a while...just check the oil often and enjoy 36mpg(on a good day)...when the auto trans starts SLAMMING into gear pull the top cover on the trans off and swap out the line pressure solenoid...they use 5 of the same one...easy junk yard items.