View Single Post
Old 12-14-2010, 09:15 AM   #21

My dad worked for AMC from the mid fifties to the mid eighties and us kids were required to own at least one AMC product while we were living at home.
I had a 67 Ambassador DPL that looked good, ran great, and got good gas mileage. However, it didn't like the BW Flash-O-Matic transmission. I wasn't hard on them, no lighting up the tires or reversers. They would just quit. I got to where I could yank one out and shove another in in about three hours. It died in VA, though, in 1975.

I was the first in my family to consider owning an import and bought a new 1975 Honda Civic Hatchback. You could pop the hood, spit on the engine, and it would start to miss. Needless to say, that was my last Honda.

When AMC got bought from Renault out by Chrysler, I started buying their products. The 84 Horizon served us well being replaced by a 95 Le Baron that I became well versed in changing front axles. I currently have an 05 Wrangler whose Check Engine Light is the most dependable feature on the vehicle.

My truck of choice has been Fords though I had a sweet 52 Chevy 3100 pickup that a clown in an Olds used for ramming practice.

I've had a few GM product that I usually bought used because they were cheap. A 74 Opel Manta that was truly a nice car. An 83 Pontiac 6000 that marked its territory via its valve covers and an 84 Suburban whose main feature was rust. I did have a 78 Chevy Malibu Classic Estate wagon that was such a POS that I would leave it parked out on the street with the windows down, doors unlocked, and keys in the ignition and the damn thing would still be there in the morning.

I almost wish I could have that 67 Ambassador back.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

I'm making this up as I go.-Indiana Jones

Telling me something 'is for my own good', is a fast way to a fat lip.-Me

I don't even care about my own problems, why should I care about yours?-Quote on one of my favorite t-shirts