Thread: YinGang
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2011, 12:08 PM   #20

Each motorcycle has a set of parts, each one has an inherent value and that represented as a probability. The probability is that of the part failing over a given period of time. When the actual failure occurs then the event effect the probability as a value. Once a system is in place that identifies the events then it is utilized to determine and regulate parts inventories.

Obviously certain items have higher values then other for the probability of an order. Parts that are wear items and then those that are not. Lead times and freight costs are also utilized in such intelligent systems. These are formulas calculate and then in part automate the management.

The key is that of individually labeled parts, the parts list encoded into a vehicle identification number. That one value that is unique and reference a unique set of part numbers for a model.

Quality control also uses the VIN it encodes a production run code, that links to table these are also unique and within that list who and what. If a model is found to have a defect it then can be tracked back to a specific employee on a specific line on a specific day. That signal training or retraining or even terminations. The object is improving quality and identifying were and when breaches in quality standards occur, it also defines the standards and makes them consistent.

I would rather see bonuses offered for higher demonstrated standards then higher production numbers. But the company that achieves both must offer more and attract the best available in order to do so.

If a company claims they are adhering to a international standard of operations “ISO” and advertising it as conforming to ISO 9001 and then selling bikes that have defects…all I can say is paper never refuses ink and sometimes claims or statements are nothing more then a false panacea.

One persons experiences are not that reflective of overall quality, the bikes are hand made and in that without due processes and diligence the ranges in quality can and will be wide.

What to do?

I have to laugh they have such a huge domestic market and within that should be enough to support a lower unit sales count and at a marginally higher prices, but they need higher quality and accountability. The accountability is in seeing it and not hiding it, its in addressing its not about avoiding it.

That’s what could be propagated behind MY YINGANG a dashboard that accesses a system that keeps track of everything. Based on the use of codes…
http://www.yingangmotor.com/user/login.aspx