View Single Post
Old 01-18-2011, 05:11 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by nukeman99
So Doc, let me just clarify this info,........youre saying that the spark was fine (before) you changed the stator,coil and cdi out?
Or was the spark corrected once those parts were changed out then finding out the compression was weak as well?
I may just be reading into it wrong. Ill be glad to take those parts off your hands if it will correct my weak spark. Mine is definetely weak without a doubt! Let me know,
thanks Bobby
I went from almost no visible spark to what I would consider a fair one. Since all the spark generating parts were new and correctly installed I have to say that 'fair' is as good as it gets and normal for this particular bike.

If you buy my parts and need to replace the stator you will need a new gasket also. It was cheap from Spud, around $5, but I'd guess you can also get one at the local Yamaha dealer. I also have a new sending unit/sensor that The Collective sold me. Bear in mind that the new sender and stator are oily because they were in the bike a little while, although it never ran with them they are immersed in oil in their natural position.

If you want them Bobby send me a PM and I'll get them out to you if $40 seems fair.

Bill